Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Little Trip To the ER

On Monday afternoon I was feeling really sick. Just achy and nauseous and tired. Well all those feelings were soon replaced by an incredible pain in my abdomen. Unfortunately as the pain got worse so did the weather. In case you hadn't heard it's been raining here in Georgia for practically the last month. I finally gave in and decided to go to the Emergency Room. When you work 40 hours a week in the hospital, you have to feel REALLY bad to go to the hospital when you aren't at work. It took us almost an hour to get to the hospital because of the rain and flooding and there were trees down everywhere. The ER took forever as usual and they didn't have much information for me. They would do an ultrasound and make sure the baby was ok as well as some blood work and a few other tests. The good news is the baby is doing well. It looks so much bigger than the last time we had an ultrasound at only 10 weeks. Also even though we aren't sure we want to find out, they looked and looked to see if they could tell if baby Majure is a girl or boy and I felt to lousy to argue. No luck for all you curious folks, the baby would not cooperate. I think not cooperating is this baby's theme. So if they baby looks good, what is causing all this pain??? They were worried it might be my appendix! They decided to keep me overnight to monitor me but let me go home the next morning. Their grand diagnosis?? Round ligament pain. It's hard for me to believe that ligaments could be causing me so much pain but the doctor told me it would feel kind of like I had pulled all the ligaments in my pelvis. That's about right. It's been about a week and I'm feeling much better. The morning sickness is still hanging on however. I am really looking forward to feeling "normal" again. I hope it doesn't take until February for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment